avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device?
Arduino IDE shows an error:
An error occurred while uploading the sketch avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM7": The system cannot find the file specified.
How can I solve it?
You should do a checklist in order to jump to a conclusion:
- Make sure that you connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Check if selecting right COM port on Arduino IDE. On Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Port
If the COM port is available on Arduino IDE:
- Check if any other software is using the same serial port. Two softwares cannot use the same serial port at the same time
If the COM port is NOT available on Arduino IDE:
- If you have one more USB cable, replace USB cable and then try again
- If you have one more PC, connect Arduino to another PC and then try again
- Reset your PC and then try again
|1 × Arduino UNO Buy on Amazon|
|1 × USB 2.0 cable type A/B Buy on Amazon|
|1 × Jumper Wires Buy on Amazon|
Please note: These are affiliate links. If you buy the components through these links, We may get a commission at no extra cost to you. We appreciate it.
The Best Arduino Starter Kit