How to use external power supply for Arduino?
How to use external power supply for Arduino? How to provide external power to sensor, relay, servo motor ...
When should use the extra power supply
Power from 5v pin of Arduino may NOT be enough in some cases. For example:
- The sensors/devices consumes much energy
- A large number of sensors/devices are connected to Arduino
How to connect to the external power supply
In these cases, we MUST use the external powers for sensors/devices. To use multiple power source, it need to follow the following conditions:
- MUST NOT connect 5V of the external power supply to 5V of Arduino
- MUST connect GND of the external power supply to GND of Arduino
- The external power supply for servo motor
- The external power supply for relay
- The external power supply for LED strip
|1 × Arduino UNO Buy on Amazon|
|1 × USB 2.0 cable type A/B Buy on Amazon|
|1 × Jumper Wires Buy on Amazon|