LCD does not display characters?
LCD or LCD I2C LCD has no display. It does not display any characters when running "hello world" example from Arduino IDE. How can we solve it?
Do the following checklist:
- Make sure that you wire LCD to Arduino correctly. See Arduino - LCD or Arduino - LCD I2C tutorials).
- Make sure that you install the correct library.
- Make sure that your code is correct.
- Adjust the contrast of LCD by rotating potentiometer in the backside of LCD
In case of LCD I2C, you can check one more thing:
- Depending on manufacturers, the I2C address of LCD may be different. Usually, the default I2C address of LCD is 0x27 or 0x3F. Try these values one by one. If you still failed, run this I2C scanner code to find the correct I2C address.
Buy Arduino and LCD
|1 × Arduino UNO Buy on Amazon|
|1 × USB 2.0 cable type A/B Buy on Amazon|
|1 x LCD I2C Buy on Amazon|
|1 × Jumper Wires Buy on Amazon|
Please note: These are affiliate links. If you buy the components through these links, We may get a commission at no extra cost to you. We appreciate it.
The Best Arduino Starter Kit