The File.parseFloat() function returns the first valid floating point number from the current position. parseFloat() is terminated by the first character that is not a floating point number. The function terminates if it times out (see File.setTimeout()).
The File.parseFloat() function inherits from the Stream utility class.
- file : an instance of a class that inherits from File.
- lookahead: the mode used to look ahead in the file for a floating point number. Allowed data types: LookaheadMode. Allowed lookahead values:
- SKIP_ALL: all characters other than a minus sign, decimal point, or digits are ignored when scanning the file for a floating point number. This is the default mode.
- SKIP_NONE: Nothing is skipped, and the file is not touched unless the first waiting character is valid.
- SKIP_WHITESPACE: Only tabs, spaces, line feeds, and carriage returns are skipped.
- ignore: used to skip the indicated char in the search. Used for example to skip thousands divider. Allowed data types: char
- Data type: float.