The File.parseInt() function returns the first valid (long) integer number from the current position.
- Parsing stops when no characters have been read for a configurable time-out value, or a non-digit is read;
- If no valid digits were read when the time-out (see File.setTimeout()) occurs, 0 is returned;
The File.parseInt() function inherits from the Stream utility class.
- file : an instance of a class that inherits from File.
- lookahead: the mode used to look ahead in the file for an integer. Allowed data types: LookaheadMode. Allowed lookahead values:
- SKIP_ALL: all characters other than digits or a minus sign are ignored when scanning the file for an integer. This is the default mode.
- SKIP_NONE: Nothing is skipped, and the file is not touched unless the first waiting character is valid.
- SKIP_WHITESPACE: Only tabs, spaces, line feeds, and carriage returns are skipped.
- ignore: used to skip the indicated char in the search. Used for example to skip thousands divider. Allowed data types: char
- Data type: long.