Get the number of bytes (characters) available for writing in the serial buffer without blocking the write operation.
- Serial: serial port object. See the list of available serial ports for each board on the Serial main page.
- The number of bytes available to write.
- The result on Serial Monitor:
※ NOTES AND WARNINGS:
Serial functions are not only used for the communication between an Arduino board and Serial Monitor of Arduino IDE but also used for the communication between:
- An Arduino board and other Arduino board
- An Arduino board and other sensors/devices
- An Arduino board and computer (any Serial software on computer)