Serial.find() reads data from the serial buffer until the target is found. The function returns true if target is found, false if it times out.
Serial.find() inherits from the stream utility class.
- Serial: serial port object. See the list of available serial ports for each board on the Serial main page.
- target: the string to search for. Allowed data types: char.
- length: length of the target. Allowed data types: size_t.
- Data type: bool.
※ NOTES AND WARNINGS:
Serial functions are not only used for the communication between an Arduino board and Serial Monitor of Arduino IDE but also used for the communication between:
- An Arduino board and other Arduino board
- An Arduino board and other sensors/devices
- An Arduino board and computer (any Serial software on computer)