Arduino - Automatic Irrigation System
The automatic irrigation system is a part of the smart garden. In this tutorial, We are going to learn how to make an automatic irrigation system for the garden using Arduino, a soil moisture sensor, relay, and pump. In detail:
- When soil moisture is dry, Arduino automatically controls a relay to turn a pump on to water plants.
- When soil moisture is wet, Arduino automatically controls a relay to turn a pump off.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Capacitive Soil Moisture Sensor|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
|1||×||DC Power Jack|
About soil moisture sensor and Pump
If you do not know about pump and soil moisture sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Do calibration to determine the wet-dry THRESHOLD, see Arduino - Calibrates Soil Moisture Sensor
- Update the calibrated THRESHOLD value in the code
- Open Serial Monitor on Arduino IDE
- Upload the code to Arduino
- See the result on Serial Monitor.
Read the line-by-line explanation in the comment lines of the source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.