Arduino - Gas Sensor - Relay
We are going to learn how to use the Arduino, gas sensor and relay do activate the fan or siren when detecting the LPG, smoke, alcohol, propane, hydrogen, methane and carbon monoxide, or other flammable gasses.
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units
About Relay and MQ2 Gas Sensor
If you do not know about relay and MQ2 Gas Sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move your hand in front of sensor
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.