Arduino - Rotary Encoder LED
In this tutorial, We are going to learn how to program Arduino to control the brightness of a LED according to the rotary encoder's output value.
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units
About LED and Rotary Encoder
If you do not know about LED and rotary encoder (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Open Serial Monitor
- Rotate the rotary encoder
- See the LED's brightness
- See the result on Serial Monitor
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.