Arduino - Light Sensor Triggers Relay
We are going to learn how to:
- If the light sensor's analog value is lower than a threshold, turn relay on.
- If the light sensor's analog value is greater than a threshold, turn relay off.
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the light sensor to control light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||10 kΩ resistor|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Light Sensor
If you do not know about relay and light sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Radiates light to sensor
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.