Arduino - Light Sensor Triggers Relay
We are going to learn how to:
- If the light sensor's analog value is lower than a threshold, turn relay on.
- If the light sensor's analog value is greater than a threshold, turn relay off.
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the light sensor to control light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||10 kΩ resistor|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Light Sensor
If you do not know about relay and light sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Radiates light to sensor
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!