Arduino - DHT22 - LCD
We will learn how to program Arduino to read temperature and humidity from DHT22 module and display them on LCD I2C.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
|1||×||(Recommended) Screw Terminal Block Shield for Arduino Uno|
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
About DHT22 and LCD
If you do not know about DHT22 sensor and LCD (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
Arduino Code - DHT22 Sensor - LCD I2C
※ NOTE THAT:
The I2C address of LCD can vary according to the manufacturers. In the code, we used 0x27 that is specified by DIYables manufacturer
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- On Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “DHT”, then find the DHT sensor library by Adafruit
- Click Install button to install the library.
- You will be asked for intalling some other library dependencies
- Click Install All button all library dependencies.
- Search “LiquidCrystal I2C”, then find the LiquidCrystal_I2C library by Frank de Brabander
- Click Install button to install LiquidCrystal_I2C library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Make enviroment around sensor hotter or colder
- See the result in LCD
If LCD displays nothing, see Troubleshooting on LCD I2C
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.