Arduino - Motion Sensor - Relay
We are going to learn how to:
- If the motion is detected, turn relay on
- If the motion is not detected, turn relay off
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the motion sensor to control light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||HC-SR501 Motion Sensor|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Motion Sensor
If you do not know about relay and motion sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
|Time Delay Adjuster||Screw it in anti-clockwise direction fully.|
|Detection Range Adjuster||Screw it in clockwise direction fully.|
|Repeat Trigger Selector||Put jumper as shown on the image.|
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move your hand in front of sensor
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.