Arduino - Touch Sensor - Relay
We are going to learn how to:
- Turn on relay if the touch sensor is touched.
- Turn off relay if the touch sensor is NOT touched.
We will learn how to toggle relay each time touch sensor is touched in Arduino - Touch Sensor Toggles Relay tutorial.
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the touch sensor to control light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Touch Sensor
If you do not know about relay and touch sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Touch and keep touching the touch sensor several seconds
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!