Arduino - Door Sensor - LED
We are going to learn how to:
- Turn on LED if the door is open.
- Turn off LED if the door is closed.
We will learn how to toggle LED each time door is closed in Arduino - Door Sensor Toggles LED tutorial.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
About LED and Door Sensor
If you do not know about LED and door sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move the magnet close to the reed switch and them move it far from the reed switch.
- See the change of LED's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.