Arduino - Door Sensor - LED
We are going to learn how to:
- Turn on LED if the door is open.
- Turn off LED if the door is closed.
We will learn how to toggle LED each time door is closed in Arduino - Door Sensor Toggles LED tutorial.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
About LED and Door Sensor
If you do not know about LED and door sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move the magnet close to the reed switch and them move it far from the reed switch.
- See the change of LED's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!