Arduino - Ultrasonic Sensor - Relay
We are going to learn how to:
- If the object is close to ultrasonic sensor, turn relay on
- If the object is far from ultrasonic sensor, turn relay off
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the ultrasonic sensor to control light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Ultrasonic Sensor
If you do not know about relay and ultrasonic sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move your hand in front of sensor
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
※ NOTE THAT:
The above code is for the learning purpose. The ultrasonic sensor is very sensitive to noise. If you want to use the ultrasonic sensor in practice, you should filter noise for the ultrasonic sensor. See how to filter noise for ultrasonic sensor
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.
Ultrasonic Sensor and Relay on Commercial Products
- Otto DIY Robot Builder Kit