Arduino - Rain Sensor - Buzzer
In this tutorial, We will explore the process of utilizing Arduino for rain detection and creating an alarm system with a buzzer.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||12V Active Buzzer|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
|1||×||DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
|1||×||(Recommended) Screw Terminal Block Shield for Arduino Uno|
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
About 12V Buzzer and Rain Sensor
If you do not know about 12V buzzer and rain sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move your hand in front of sensor
- Listen to 12V buzzer's sound
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.