Arduino - Keypad - Beep
In this tutorial, we will learn how to Arduino and piezo buzzer to generate a beep sound each time a key on keypad is pressed.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Keypad 3x4 and 4x4 Kit|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
|1||×||(Recommended) Screw Terminal Block Shield for Arduino Uno|
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
About Keypad and Piezo Buzzer
If you do not know about keypad and Piezo Buzzer (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
The ezBuzzer library is designed for buzzer to beep or play memody without blocking other code.
Please note that this tutorial use 3-5V buzzer, but you can adapt it for 12v buzzer. you can learn about Arduino - Buzzer tutorial
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- On Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “keypad”, then find the keypad library by Mark Stanley, Alexander Brevig
- Click Install button to install keypad library.
- Search “ezBuzzer”, then find the buzzer library by ArduinoGetStarted
- Click Install button to install ezBuzzer library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Press some keys on keypad
- Listen the beep and see the result in Serial Monitor
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.