Arduino - Touch Sensor Toggle Relay
In a previous tutorial, We have learned how to turn on the relay if the touch sensor is touched, and turn off relay if the touch sensor is released. In this tutorial, We are going to learn how to toggle relay each time touch sensor is touched.
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the touch sensor to toggle light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Touch Sensor
If you do not know about relay and touch sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
Arduino Code - Touch Sensor Toggles Relay
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Keep touching the touch sensor several seconds and then release it.
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of code!
In the code, relayState = !relayState is equivalent to the following code:
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.