Arduino - Touch Sensor Toggle LED
In a previous tutorial, We have learned how to turn on the LED if the touch sensor is touched, and turn off LED if the touch sensor is released. In this tutorial, We are going to learn how to toggle LED each time touch sensor is touched.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
About LED and Touch Sensor
If you do not know about LED and touch sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
Arduino Code - Touch Sensor Toggles LED
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Keep touching the touch sensor several seconds and then release it.
- See the change of LED's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of code!
In the code, ledState = !ledState is equivalent to the following code:
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.