Arduino - Temperature Humidity Sensor - LCD
We will learn how to:
- Read temperature and humidity from DHT11 sensor and display on LCD I2C
- Read temperature and humidity from DHT22 sensor and display on LCD I2C
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Temperature and Humidity Sensor DHT11|
|Or 1||×||Temperature and Humidity Sensor DHT22|
About DHT11, DHT22 and LCD
If you do not know about DHT11, DHT22 temperature sensor and LCD (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Arduino - DHT11 Module LCD Wiring
Arduino - DHT22 Module LCD Wiring
Real wiring for DHT11
Arduino Code - DHT11 Sensor - LCD I2C
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- On Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “DHT”, then find the DHT sensor library by Adafruit
- Click Install button to install the library.
- You will be asked for intalling some other library dependencies
- Click Install All button all library dependencies.
- Search “LiquidCrystal I2C”, then find the LiquidCrystal_I2C library by Frank de Brabander
- Click Install button to install LiquidCrystal_I2C library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Make enviroment around sensor hotter or colder
- See the result in LCD
The above code also work for Arduino Nano. A grandfather, who learns through this tutorial to guide his grandchild has tested this code with Arduino Nano and send us the result like below:
If LCD displays nothing, see Troubleshooting on LCD I2C
Arduino Code - DHT22 Sensor - LCD I2C
※ NOTE THAT:
Code for DHT11 and DHT22 are identical except for one line of code. Library for DHT11 and DHT22 are the same.
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.