Arduino - Keypad - LCD
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
About Keypad and LCD
If you do not know about keypad and LCD (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
※ NOTE THAT:
The I2C address of LCD can vary according to the manufacturers. In the code, we used 0x27 that is specified by DIYables manufacturer
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
- On Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “keypad”, then find the keypad library by Mark Stanley, Alexander Brevig
- Click Install button to install keypad library.
- Search “LiquidCrystal I2C”, then find the LiquidCrystal_I2C library by Frank de Brabander
- Click Install button to install LiquidCrystal_I2C library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Press some keys on keypad
- See the result in LCD
If LCD displays nothing, see Troubleshooting on LCD I2C
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.