Arduino - Ultrasonic Sensor - OLED
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to read the distance from ultrasonic sensor and display it on an OLED.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||SSD1306 I2C OLED Display 128x64|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
|1||×||(Optional) Screw Terminal Block Shield for Arduino|
One of the following breadboard:
|1||×||Full-sized 830-Point Breadboard|
|1||×||Half-sized 400-point Breadboard|
|1||×||Mini-sized 170-point Breadboard|
|1||×||All-sized Breadboard Kit|
About OLED and Ultrasonic Sensor
If you do not know about OLED and Ultrasonic Sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
- Arduino - OLED tutorial
- Arduino - Ultrasonic Sensor tutorial
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
Arduino Code - Ultrasonic Sensor - OLED
- Open Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “SSD1306”, then find the SSD1306 library by Adafruit
- Click Install button to install the library.
- You will be asked for intalling some other library dependencies
- Click Install All button to install all library dependencies.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Move your hand in front of sensor
- See the result on OLED and Serial Monitor
※ NOTE THAT:
The about code automatically horizontal and vertical center aligns the text on OLED display. See How to vertical/horizontal center on OLED for more detail.
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.