Arduino - Temperature Sensor - LCD
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Temperature Sensor DS18B20|
|1||×||4.7 kΩ resistor|
About Temperature Sensor and LCD
If you do not know about temperature sensor and LCD (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
On Arduino IDE, Go to Tool Manage Libraries
- Search “OneWire”, then find the OneWire library by Paul Stoffregen
- Click Install button to install OneWire library.
- Search “Dallas”, then find the DallasTemperature library by Miles Burton.
- Click Install button to install DallasTemperature library.
- Search “LiquidCrystal I2C”, then find the LiquidCrystal_I2C library by Frank de Brabander
- Click Install button to install LiquidCrystal_I2C library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Put the sensor on hot and cold water, or grasp the sensor by your hand
- See the result in LCD
If LCD displays nothing, see Troubleshooting on LCD I2C
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!