Arduino - Temperature Sensor - LCD
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||Temperature Sensor DS18B20|
|1||×||4.7 kΩ resistor|
About Temperature Sensor and LCD
If you do not know about temperature sensor and LCD (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
- Wiring diagram
- Real wiring
- Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right board and port
On Arduino IDE, Go to Tool Manage Libraries
- Search “OneWire”, then find the OneWire library by Paul Stoffregen
- Click Install button to install OneWire library.
- Search “Dallas”, then find the DallasTemperature library by Miles Burton.
- Click Install button to install DallasTemperature library.
- Search “LiquidCrystal I2C”, then find the LiquidCrystal_I2C library by Frank de Brabander
- Click Install button to install LiquidCrystal_I2C library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Put the sensor on hot and cold water, or grasp the sensor by your hand
- See the result in LCD
If LCD displays nothing, see Troubleshooting on LCD I2C
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.