Arduino - Temperature Sensor - OLED
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to read the temperature from DS18B20 one wire sensor and display it on an OLED.
|1||×||Arduino UNO or Genuino UNO|
|1||×||USB 2.0 cable type A/B|
|1||×||SSD1306 I2C OLED Display 128x64|
|1||×||Temperature Sensor DS18B20|
|1||×||4.7 kΩ resistor|
|1||×||(Optional) 9V Power Adapter for Arduino|
About OLED and DS18B20 Temperature Sensor
If you do not know about OLED and DS18B20 Temperature Sensor (pinout, how it works, how to program ...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
Arduino Code - Temperature from DS18B20 Temperature Sensor and display it on OLED
- Open Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “SSD1306”, then find the SSD1306 library by Adafruit
- Click Install button to install the library.
- You will be asked for intalling some other library dependencies
- Click Install All button to install all library dependencies.
- Search “OneWire”, then find the OneWire library by Paul Stoffregen
- Click Install button to install OneWire library.
- Search “Dallas”, then find the DallasTemperature library by Miles Burton.
- Click Install button to install DallasTemperature library.
- Copy the above code and open with Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to upload code to Arduino
- Put the sensor on hot and cold water, or grasp the sensor by your hand
- See the result on OLED
※ NOTE THAT:
The about code automatically horizontal and vertical center aligns the text on OLED display
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.